The site manager is an integral member of the site operation team. The site manager plays a key role in ensuring that the best use of all resources to provide maximum return to the company.
The site manager is expected to act in a responsible and professional manner at all times, maintaining good working relations with site management, clients, sub-contractors, suppliers, designers and with the general public.
The site manager shall assist the project manager to ensure the site adheres to all VolkerInfra policies and procedures.
• Implement and monitor the health, safety and environmental procedures in line with VolkerInfra IMS / clients procedures
• Complete all site CDM (Construction Design and Management) documentation requirements as defined in the construction phase health and safety plan and in accordance with the CDM regulations.
• Attend weekly site progress meetings and address actions arising
• Ensure operational and technical compliance with method statements / risk assessments, contract requirements, design files etc
• Dynamically control and update method statements and risk assessments as required on a day to day basis
• Report weekly to the project manager on; costs and sales values, progress relative to contract programme, general project review/forecast
• Be pro-active in resolving issues arising on site
• Monitor and control all operational procedures on site
• Minimise waste
• Monitor and control all internal and sub-contract labour
• Support the bid management team by providing operational support as required
The site manager will have demonstrated a high degree of competence and success and have experience of working on electrical installations/high voltage cable installations.
Required qualifications / expertise include, but are not limited to:
• Experience of managing projects nationally within the UK
• Ability to coordinate multiple site activities under strict time and financial constraints
• Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate at all levels
• Strong organisational, management and leadership skills
• Knowledge of excavation and reinstatement in accordance with HAUC requirements
• Basic knowledge of electrical installations / high voltage cable installations
• Strong computer literacy skills inc. Word, Excel, MS Project etc.
• NGT Competent Person
• First aider
• NRSWA supervisor
• Full UK driving licence